If you are a patient or caregiver who is growing, you should have received a notice from DBR by now instructing you how to use the new certification system. You can now order or renew, update your grow address and print a Plant Tag Certificate which will reflect the number of plant tags you are legally entitled to. Instead of having to pick up the actual tags at DBR, you print the certificate yourself. State law requires that all plants have tags. DBR is issuing the certifications instead of the actual tags. Patients who qualify for a reduced patient registration fee, and their caregivers, will not be charged any tag fees. Otherwise, the fees have not changed. It is still 25 dollars per plant set (one seedling and one mature plant)
If your tags have expired, order your plant tag certificate immediately in order to be compliant with the law. Otherwise, you can renew your tag certificate up to 30 days before the expiration date of your current tags.
The new system is intended to alleviate some of the problems with the current system and make it easier for patients and caregivers. Some of the features:
- You can now print your own plant tag certificate and use it immediately after your order is completed.
- You no longer have to wait for the actual tags to be created and issued or go to DBR to pick them up.
- You can change your grow address on line and immediately print and use your new plant tag certificate for new grow location.
- If your tag certificate is ever lost, stolen, or damaged you can print a replacement certificate at your convenience.
- Patients and caregivers who have not yet received previously ordered plant tags can now print their plant tag certificate immediately.
You can log in: rimmptags.com.
If you have problems with ordering or with the DBR website contact Support@rimmptags.com or call (800) 432-7992